COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the ID@Xbox Sweepstakes promotion will operate (“Promotion”). In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Promotion. “You” refers to an eligible Promotion entrant.
The Promotion will consist of separate Sweepstakes or Contest promotions (each, a “Challenge”). Each Challenge will have unique entry criteria, entry periods, entry limits, winner selection dates, and prizing, as specified in its corresponding Challenge Details. In addition, each Challenge may have additional eligibility requirements. As a result, we encourage you to carefully review these Official Rules and the details for each Challenge.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
Each Challenge that is a part of this Promotion has a unique Entry Period that is described in its corresponding Challenge Details.
CAN I ENTER?
• You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at the time entry: You are 14 years of age or older; and
• You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
• You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge.
This Challenge is void within the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law. If you have not reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you legally reside, you should ask your parents’ permission before entering.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You must have a valid Facebook account, available at Facebook.com, to participate.
Then, at least once during each Entry Period, a question or task will be posted on the ID@Xbox Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/IDXbox). The post and details page will indicate whether winners will be determined based on judging criteria, or randomly selected.
We will only accept one entry per person per Entry Period. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are indecipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
Facebook is not a Challenge Sponsor and has no responsibilities regarding its execution.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
Within 7 days following the end of each Entry Period, winners will either be selected based on the stated judging criteria (for example, “submit the most useful tip”), or will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received, to win a prize. The total number of prizewinners and actual prizes will vary by Challenge, but will include items such as copies of ID@Xbox games, Xbox avatar codes, clothing and decorations. Prizes will have a fair market value of at least $5. The total number of prizes will be announced each Entry Period. Limit one prize per person per Entry Period. If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending you a direct message via Facebookwith a request for your email address to send winner notification information.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the authorized account holder of the Facebook account used to enter the Challenge to be the potential winner. If multiple entrants submit the same or similar answers during a week when answers are judged, the first person to submit the answer will be attributed with the winning entry. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 17 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you are unresponsive or unreachable for any reason or do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Challenge:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• If you are otherwise eligible for this Challenge, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Challenge you agree:
• To abide by these Official Rules; and
• To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Challenge, or any prize won; and
• That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Challenge; and
• That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Challenge, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CHALLENGE IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Challenge will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Challenge.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CHALLENGE CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
In the event of cheating, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Challenge, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Challenge. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Challenge, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change, or suspend the Challenge. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Challenge by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Challenge, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
You can obtain a list of confirmed winners by sending an email with your first and last name and email address to IDatXboxContests@microsoft.com with the subject heading “ID@Xbox Sweepstakes” and the name of the Challenge in the message body. We will send the list of confirmed winners as of the date the request is received.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CHALLENGE?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052