Cherry Pop Games is proud to announce that Pool Nation FX has exceeded a staggering 2.5 million downloads on Xbox One since launch and that number continues to climb. With one million units being downloaded within the first four days this is an astounding achievement from a small indie development team of just six people from Salford.
Manchester, United Kingdom June 30, 2015
With two updates under its belt and a third approved and ready for release, Pool Nation FX is going from strength to strength; and today Gemma Jessop Marketing and Gameplay design at Cherry Pop Games can confirm the eagerly anticipated third patch, with a host of new features.
Pool Nation FX offers; 10 rule variants including 8 Ball, 9 Ball, Killer and Snooker playable online and offline, three career modes, the fully customisable Trickshot editor, the adrenaline pumping Endurance mode, Online friendlies and Play for Cash. With the addition of the all new online Leagues and the Snooker Career, Pool Nation FX sits proudly as the No.1 downloaded pool game on Xbox One.
Gemma Jessop had this to say “We actually surpassed the million mark just four days into launch, and quite frankly I nearly fell off my chair. By engaging with the community, it is our full intention to make Pool Nation FX not just the No.1 downloaded Pool Game on Xbox one but one of the best Online Multiplayer Games on Xbox One!”
Addressing feedback from the Xbox One community, Cherry Pop Games continues to add content to this huge game by offering host of improvements and yet another free mode, which comes in the form of a new offline Snooker Career mode. Cherry Pop made the decision not to offer this mode as chargeable DLC, but for it to be unlocked with in game currency; as a result this provides gamers with new content and more unlockable assets in game, with confirmed additional unlockable extras on the horizon.
Gemma Jessop added “These past few months have been like a whirlwind – with the content that we have added, the game is almost unrecognisable from that at launch – we’ve not just added leagues, we’ve taken Pool Nation FX to a new league.”
The eagerly anticipated third patch will be released within the next 24 hours, and Cherry Pop Games confirms they will continue to update the Xbox One version and are also working on the upcoming release on both PlayStation4 and PC VIA Steam.
(End press release)
- Improved loading times throughout
- Improved, more stable frame rate. Solid 60fps
- Improved balls (Shinier)
- Updated menu design
- New, prettier, less intrusive HUD
- Local avatars
- Can now purchase in game money
- Various room and table visual improvements
- Various stability fixes.
- In Friendly games, the host is now returned to the lobby if the client disconnects.
- Tables are now colour coded depending on the League you are in.
- Fixed cash exploit
- ‘Waiting for opponent’ message now displayed if waiting for their connection
- Various crash fixes
- Smoother cue and ball movement when viewing opponents turn.
- The power bar has returned! Its opacity/visibility can be changed in settings.
- Cue ball no longer sticks to other balls/cushions when moving
- New ball marker displayed when you have ball in hand
- Aiming aid now stays visible when moving ball
- Aiming aid is now the same colour as the balls in Endurance.
- Fixed physics bug where balls would roll outside the table as if it was still on the table.
- New snooker Career!
- Snooker balls updated so graphics on them are larger/clearer
- Cue is no longer forced up at sides of snooker table near cushions
- Aiming aid now turns red if you aim at illegal ball
- You can now forfeit frames if opponent gets too far ahead.
- Various snooker rule fixes.
- Fixed bug where balls could get stuck in pockets, making the game un-finishable.
- Fixed bug where Player 1 would always break.
- Fixed delay at start of snooker game.